File an objection
Here you can read about how to file a dispute if your card has been misused.
Tristan avatar
Written by Tristan
Updated over a week ago

A company may charge you for an item later than the time of purchase, so it's always a good idea to check if the charge is for a purchase you made some time ago, if you know the merchant.

If you notice card transactions on your account that you don't recognise or accept, it may be because someone has stolen and misused your card details. In such situations, you should dispute the amounts that you do not recognise.

If you have lost your card, it is important that you block it as soon as possible. Read how to block your card here. If you block your card, remember to write down the full card number, as you will need it to make your dispute.

How to submit an objection

To create an objection, you need to fill in a form at NETS here. Here you can also read how to deal with your specific situation.

When you make an objection, you must have the following ready:

  • Your MitID

  • Your personal identity number

  • Your card number

  • Any supporting documentation

In some cases, you may be required to have a copy of a receipt. Additional documentation will strengthen your objection but is not always required.

If we assess that your objection can be forwarded to NETS for processing, you will in some cases receive a disbursement of the amount in question. It is important to emphasise that it will only be in a few cases where you will get a disbursement. If a disbursement is granted for the amount, you should also remember that it will be withdrawn again if NETS rejects the case.

Frequently asked questions

What is a dispute?

A dispute means that you object to a card transaction made on your card.

When can you object?

You can object in a number of different situations. For example, if you have not received the goods or services you ordered or if the goods do not fulfil the description. You can also dispute if your card or card details have been stolen or misused.

I don't have my full card number

To submit a dispute on a closed card, you need your full card number. If you do not have access to the physical card, you can contact our support team on +45 70 60 54 54 54 and they will be able to provide you with the full card number of your card.

Why can't I find the amount I need to dispute?

Typically, it will be because the amount has been reserved - you can only dispute an amount that has been debited, as a company could delete the reservation before the money is debited. You should therefore wait until the money has been withdrawn from your account before making your dispute.

Is there a minimum amount for which I can make a dispute?

No, there is not. You can lodge a dispute for any amount!

Am I guaranteed to get my money back?

Unfortunately, we can never guarantee that you will win your dispute and get your money back.

Can I dispute an old transaction?

Yes, but you cannot submit a dispute on a transaction older than 120 days.

Do I have to report it to the police?

If your card has been stolen or if you have information about who misused your card, you should report it to the police. If you have reported to the police, you can indicate this in your dispute.

How long does it take to process an objection?

The processing time for your objection may vary, but it will typically take 1-4 months.

Do I have to pay to file an opposition?

In some cases, you will have to pay an excess of a maximum of DKK 375 and you will be liable for the full amount if you lose the opposition. Unfortunately, we cannot predict the outcome of your case.

Did this answer your question?